CARES Act Award and Eligibility Information
Celebrity Stylist Beauty School signed the funding certification and agreement for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on May 13, 2020 and plans to use the funds to provide the mandated amount of at least 50% of the emergency financial aid grants to students.
In compliance with the guidelines and eligibility requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of Education, the following criteria outlines which students are eligible for funding, as well as those who are not eligible.
Students who are eligible for CARES Act awards are:
Eligible students are defined as:
- Enrolled in an eligible program at least half time
- A U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- With a Valid 2020-2021 and or 2019-2020 FAFSA® on file with campus (Please see FAFSA® Completion Requirements below)
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- Meeting the minimum Department of Education guidelines of 67% attendance
- Not in default or owe an overpayment on a Title IV grant or loan
- Having documents on file verifying the student’s identity, a statement of educational purpose, selective service registration, birth certificate and social security number
- Enrolled in at Celebrity Stylist Beauty School or Celebrity Barber School from March 13, 2020 through March 13, 2021; and,
- Making satisfactory academic progress towards program completion,
- Have completed a FAFSA® and are eligible to receive federal Title IV aid.
Any student meeting the eligibility requirements listed above will receive a CARES Act award.
FAFSA® Completion Requirements:
- Students must demonstrate their eligibility by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
- Currently attending Manicuring, Esthetics and Teacher Training students who have not completed 50% or more of their clock hour program before 06-30-2020 should complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA® immediately. Students who need help filing a FAFSA® should make an appointment.
- Cosmetology students or barber students who have not completed 1201 clock hours by 06-30-2020 should complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA® immediately. Students who need help filing a FAFSA® should make an appointment.
Students who are ineligible for CARES Act awards are:
Ineligible students are defined as:
- Any student currently enrolled that has not completed a 2019 – 2020 FAFSA®
- Student loans currently in default
- International students who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA® or receive Title IV aid
- Non-degree seeking students
- Visiting students
- Not maintaining satisfactory academic progress
How Funds Are Distributed
Through the CARES Act, Celebrity Stylist Beauty School and Celebrity Barber School received
$48,814 in student-aid funding for distribution to address student needs associated with the disruption to campus operations from the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on guidance from the U.S. The Department of Education, to be eligible for consideration, students are required to have a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) on file, must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress, and meeting attendance guidance.
The award amount per student is $1,109.41.
How Students Receive Funds
Confirm 2019/2020 and/or 2020/2021 FAFSA® is complete as required. Please note this may require students to complete the verification process and submit required documents if required. Students will receive an Acknowledgment Agreement form to sign confirming use of emergency funding. After you sign the Acknowledgment Agreement Form, you will be notified for your appointment for an on-campus disbursement pickup.
- As of July 15, 2020, $44,376.40 has been distributed to students.
- Approximately 44 students are eligible to receive an emergency financial aid grant.
- As of July 15, 2020, 40 students have received an emergency financial aid grant.
We understand these last few months have been challenging dealing with COVID-19 and the disruption to campus. For any additional Cares Act questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.